TOWIE star opens Dagenham Poundland
- Credit: Professional Images/@ProfImages
TOWIE star James “Lockie” Lock offically opened a new Poundland store.
The TV heart-throb headed to the Heathway mall in Dagenham on Saturday to unveil the bargain store.
An all-day DJ set helped commemorate the opening while the first 100 customers each received a celebratory cupcake and a £5 voucher to spend instore.
Store mascot Poundhound also gave out freebies to customers throughout the day.
Martin Dawson, Poundland’s retail director, said: “The store has been transformed allowing us to bring the Poundland experience to Dagenham and providing amazing value to customers every day.”
You may also want to watch:
The shop was the 100th conversion from a 99p store to Poundland after the two companies merged.
The new Poundland will raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support as part of the store’s national partnership with the charity.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 6 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night