TOWIE star opens Dagenham Poundland
- Credit: Professional Images/@ProfImages
TOWIE star James “Lockie” Lock offically opened a new Poundland store.
The TV heart-throb headed to the Heathway mall in Dagenham on Saturday to unveil the bargain store.
An all-day DJ set helped commemorate the opening while the first 100 customers each received a celebratory cupcake and a £5 voucher to spend instore.
Store mascot Poundhound also gave out freebies to customers throughout the day.
Martin Dawson, Poundland’s retail director, said: “The store has been transformed allowing us to bring the Poundland experience to Dagenham and providing amazing value to customers every day.”
The shop was the 100th conversion from a 99p store to Poundland after the two companies merged.
The new Poundland will raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support as part of the store’s national partnership with the charity.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests