TOWIE star opens Dagenham Poundland
- Credit: Professional Images/@ProfImages
TOWIE star James “Lockie” Lock offically opened a new Poundland store.
The TV heart-throb headed to the Heathway mall in Dagenham on Saturday to unveil the bargain store.
An all-day DJ set helped commemorate the opening while the first 100 customers each received a celebratory cupcake and a £5 voucher to spend instore.
Store mascot Poundhound also gave out freebies to customers throughout the day.
Martin Dawson, Poundland’s retail director, said: “The store has been transformed allowing us to bring the Poundland experience to Dagenham and providing amazing value to customers every day.”
You may also want to watch:
The shop was the 100th conversion from a 99p store to Poundland after the two companies merged.
The new Poundland will raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support as part of the store’s national partnership with the charity.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows