TOWIE star opens Dagenham Poundland
- Credit: Professional Images/@ProfImages
TOWIE star James “Lockie” Lock offically opened a new Poundland store.
The TV heart-throb headed to the Heathway mall in Dagenham on Saturday to unveil the bargain store.
An all-day DJ set helped commemorate the opening while the first 100 customers each received a celebratory cupcake and a £5 voucher to spend instore.
Store mascot Poundhound also gave out freebies to customers throughout the day.
Martin Dawson, Poundland’s retail director, said: “The store has been transformed allowing us to bring the Poundland experience to Dagenham and providing amazing value to customers every day.”
You may also want to watch:
The shop was the 100th conversion from a 99p store to Poundland after the two companies merged.
The new Poundland will raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support as part of the store’s national partnership with the charity.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 4 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 10 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show