TOWIE star opens Dagenham Poundland
- Credit: Professional Images/@ProfImages
TOWIE star James “Lockie” Lock offically opened a new Poundland store.
The TV heart-throb headed to the Heathway mall in Dagenham on Saturday to unveil the bargain store.
An all-day DJ set helped commemorate the opening while the first 100 customers each received a celebratory cupcake and a £5 voucher to spend instore.
Store mascot Poundhound also gave out freebies to customers throughout the day.
Martin Dawson, Poundland’s retail director, said: “The store has been transformed allowing us to bring the Poundland experience to Dagenham and providing amazing value to customers every day.”
You may also want to watch:
The shop was the 100th conversion from a 99p store to Poundland after the two companies merged.
The new Poundland will raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support as part of the store’s national partnership with the charity.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 3 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning