Travelodge set to create 20 jobs with opening of new hotel in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A new hotel is set to open as part of a chain’s £115million expansion plans.
Travelodge's 76th hotel in the capital will be based in Rainham Road South, Dagenham. The 78-room, Dagenham East Travelodge represents an investment of £5m and will create 20 jobs.
Peter Gowers, Travelodge's chief executive, said: "Despite the uncertainty facing the UK, the long-term prospects for low-cost hotels remain strong.
"The next phase of our expansion plan will see us deliver more choice in more places than ever before."
The company started a modernisation programme more than five years ago and has since opened more than 60 new hotels investing in excess of £150m.
You may also want to watch:
It reports sales having grown by more than £250m putting it down to an up tick in business travellers staying at the firm's budget hotels.
It expects to open 17 new hotels across the country which is estimates will create more than 350 jobs.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 9 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
- 10 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
A second Travelodge, London Beckton North Circular, is due to open in neighbouring Newham.