Travelodge set to create 20 jobs with opening of new hotel in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A new hotel is set to open as part of a chain’s £115million expansion plans.
Travelodge's 76th hotel in the capital will be based in Rainham Road South, Dagenham. The 78-room, Dagenham East Travelodge represents an investment of £5m and will create 20 jobs.
Peter Gowers, Travelodge's chief executive, said: "Despite the uncertainty facing the UK, the long-term prospects for low-cost hotels remain strong.
"The next phase of our expansion plan will see us deliver more choice in more places than ever before."
The company started a modernisation programme more than five years ago and has since opened more than 60 new hotels investing in excess of £150m.
You may also want to watch:
It reports sales having grown by more than £250m putting it down to an up tick in business travellers staying at the firm's budget hotels.
It expects to open 17 new hotels across the country which is estimates will create more than 350 jobs.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs
A second Travelodge, London Beckton North Circular, is due to open in neighbouring Newham.