Travelodge set to create 20 jobs with opening of new hotel in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A new hotel is set to open as part of a chain’s £115million expansion plans.
Travelodge's 76th hotel in the capital will be based in Rainham Road South, Dagenham. The 78-room, Dagenham East Travelodge represents an investment of £5m and will create 20 jobs.
Peter Gowers, Travelodge's chief executive, said: "Despite the uncertainty facing the UK, the long-term prospects for low-cost hotels remain strong.
"The next phase of our expansion plan will see us deliver more choice in more places than ever before."
The company started a modernisation programme more than five years ago and has since opened more than 60 new hotels investing in excess of £150m.
It reports sales having grown by more than £250m putting it down to an up tick in business travellers staying at the firm's budget hotels.
It expects to open 17 new hotels across the country which is estimates will create more than 350 jobs.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 4 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge relishing first friendly says Rance
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 10 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
A second Travelodge, London Beckton North Circular, is due to open in neighbouring Newham.