Travelodge set to create 20 jobs with opening of new hotel in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A new hotel is set to open as part of a chain’s £115million expansion plans.
Travelodge's 76th hotel in the capital will be based in Rainham Road South, Dagenham. The 78-room, Dagenham East Travelodge represents an investment of £5m and will create 20 jobs.
Peter Gowers, Travelodge's chief executive, said: "Despite the uncertainty facing the UK, the long-term prospects for low-cost hotels remain strong.
"The next phase of our expansion plan will see us deliver more choice in more places than ever before."
The company started a modernisation programme more than five years ago and has since opened more than 60 new hotels investing in excess of £150m.
It reports sales having grown by more than £250m putting it down to an up tick in business travellers staying at the firm's budget hotels.
It expects to open 17 new hotels across the country which is estimates will create more than 350 jobs.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 7 Book examines police failings in Stephen Port investigation
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Quickfire double sends Dagenham & Redbridge past Southend United
A second Travelodge, London Beckton North Circular, is due to open in neighbouring Newham.