Travelodge set to create 20 jobs with opening of new hotel in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A new hotel is set to open as part of a chain’s £115million expansion plans.
Travelodge's 76th hotel in the capital will be based in Rainham Road South, Dagenham. The 78-room, Dagenham East Travelodge represents an investment of £5m and will create 20 jobs.
Peter Gowers, Travelodge's chief executive, said: "Despite the uncertainty facing the UK, the long-term prospects for low-cost hotels remain strong.
"The next phase of our expansion plan will see us deliver more choice in more places than ever before."
The company started a modernisation programme more than five years ago and has since opened more than 60 new hotels investing in excess of £150m.
You may also want to watch:
It reports sales having grown by more than £250m putting it down to an up tick in business travellers staying at the firm's budget hotels.
It expects to open 17 new hotels across the country which is estimates will create more than 350 jobs.
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 7 Barking and Dagenham's Holocaust Memorial Day plans unveiled
- 8 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
A second Travelodge, London Beckton North Circular, is due to open in neighbouring Newham.