Travelodge hotels looking for Dagenham site
- Credit: Archant
Travelodge hope to open a new hotel in the borough which would create 20 jobs and boost the local economy by upwards of £2 million.
The major chain, which has a hotel in Barking, are looking for a site they can develop in Dagenham.
Grant Hearn, chief executive of Travelodge Hotels, said: “It is clear that the outer London Boroughs have a lack of good quality, affordable hotel accommodation.
“Many have large employment clusters and impressive regeneration proposals yet have an undersupply of hotel rooms.”
He said the Barking hotel in Arboretum Place performed strongly all year round and added: “Whether it be business travellers, leisure customers or families coming to visit loved ones, we are regularly achieving high occupancy levels.”
You may also want to watch:
The Travelodge spokesman said that if a site is found the hotel should open within the next two years.
A 80-bed Premier Inn hotel and Brewers Fayre restaurant opened before Christmas at Chequers Corner in Dagenham.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police