Travelodge hotels looking for Dagenham site
- Credit: Archant
Travelodge hope to open a new hotel in the borough which would create 20 jobs and boost the local economy by upwards of £2 million.
The major chain, which has a hotel in Barking, are looking for a site they can develop in Dagenham.
Grant Hearn, chief executive of Travelodge Hotels, said: “It is clear that the outer London Boroughs have a lack of good quality, affordable hotel accommodation.
“Many have large employment clusters and impressive regeneration proposals yet have an undersupply of hotel rooms.”
He said the Barking hotel in Arboretum Place performed strongly all year round and added: “Whether it be business travellers, leisure customers or families coming to visit loved ones, we are regularly achieving high occupancy levels.”
You may also want to watch:
The Travelodge spokesman said that if a site is found the hotel should open within the next two years.
A 80-bed Premier Inn hotel and Brewers Fayre restaurant opened before Christmas at Chequers Corner in Dagenham.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020