Travelodge hotels looking for Dagenham site
- Credit: Archant
Travelodge hope to open a new hotel in the borough which would create 20 jobs and boost the local economy by upwards of £2 million.
The major chain, which has a hotel in Barking, are looking for a site they can develop in Dagenham.
Grant Hearn, chief executive of Travelodge Hotels, said: “It is clear that the outer London Boroughs have a lack of good quality, affordable hotel accommodation.
“Many have large employment clusters and impressive regeneration proposals yet have an undersupply of hotel rooms.”
He said the Barking hotel in Arboretum Place performed strongly all year round and added: “Whether it be business travellers, leisure customers or families coming to visit loved ones, we are regularly achieving high occupancy levels.”
You may also want to watch:
The Travelodge spokesman said that if a site is found the hotel should open within the next two years.
A 80-bed Premier Inn hotel and Brewers Fayre restaurant opened before Christmas at Chequers Corner in Dagenham.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 4 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 5 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital