Visitors flock to business exhibition in Dagenham
Thriving firms showed off what they have to offer during an exhibition celebrating business excellence in Barking and Dagenham.
Visitors to the East London Expo took a spin in a Formula 1 simulator, met ‘the Stig’ promoting the Peter James Motor Group in Dagenham, and enjoyed food courtesy of Piece of Cake in Bentry Road, Dagenham.
Hundreds of people turned up for the event in Rainham Road South, Dagenham, meeting representatives from nearly 60 companies.
Even a team from the Post’s newspaper group, Archant London, was out in force at the show on October 12, handing out goodie bags, including copies of the Post.
Barking and Dagenham Mayor, Cllr Milton McKenzie, could not resist reading our latest front page devoted to the regeneration of the Rainham Road South factory, Sanofi, set to become a multi-million pound business park.
You may also want to watch:
Alastair Banks, of Envirosend, said: “It was a lot of fun and most importantly we’ve walked away with lots of great opportunities. We’re based in another part of the country and before we even got back today one person had phoned our office chasing us.”
A spokeswoman from Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce described the event as a success.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper