Visitors flock to business exhibition in Dagenham
Thriving firms showed off what they have to offer during an exhibition celebrating business excellence in Barking and Dagenham.
Visitors to the East London Expo took a spin in a Formula 1 simulator, met ‘the Stig’ promoting the Peter James Motor Group in Dagenham, and enjoyed food courtesy of Piece of Cake in Bentry Road, Dagenham.
Hundreds of people turned up for the event in Rainham Road South, Dagenham, meeting representatives from nearly 60 companies.
Even a team from the Post’s newspaper group, Archant London, was out in force at the show on October 12, handing out goodie bags, including copies of the Post.
Barking and Dagenham Mayor, Cllr Milton McKenzie, could not resist reading our latest front page devoted to the regeneration of the Rainham Road South factory, Sanofi, set to become a multi-million pound business park.
You may also want to watch:
Alastair Banks, of Envirosend, said: “It was a lot of fun and most importantly we’ve walked away with lots of great opportunities. We’re based in another part of the country and before we even got back today one person had phoned our office chasing us.”
A spokeswoman from Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce described the event as a success.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham