Visitors flock to business exhibition in Dagenham
Thriving firms showed off what they have to offer during an exhibition celebrating business excellence in Barking and Dagenham.
Visitors to the East London Expo took a spin in a Formula 1 simulator, met ‘the Stig’ promoting the Peter James Motor Group in Dagenham, and enjoyed food courtesy of Piece of Cake in Bentry Road, Dagenham.
Hundreds of people turned up for the event in Rainham Road South, Dagenham, meeting representatives from nearly 60 companies.
Even a team from the Post’s newspaper group, Archant London, was out in force at the show on October 12, handing out goodie bags, including copies of the Post.
Barking and Dagenham Mayor, Cllr Milton McKenzie, could not resist reading our latest front page devoted to the regeneration of the Rainham Road South factory, Sanofi, set to become a multi-million pound business park.
Alastair Banks, of Envirosend, said: “It was a lot of fun and most importantly we’ve walked away with lots of great opportunities. We’re based in another part of the country and before we even got back today one person had phoned our office chasing us.”
A spokeswoman from Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce described the event as a success.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 3 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 10 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show