Visitors flock to business exhibition in Dagenham
Thriving firms showed off what they have to offer during an exhibition celebrating business excellence in Barking and Dagenham.
Visitors to the East London Expo took a spin in a Formula 1 simulator, met ‘the Stig’ promoting the Peter James Motor Group in Dagenham, and enjoyed food courtesy of Piece of Cake in Bentry Road, Dagenham.
Hundreds of people turned up for the event in Rainham Road South, Dagenham, meeting representatives from nearly 60 companies.
Even a team from the Post’s newspaper group, Archant London, was out in force at the show on October 12, handing out goodie bags, including copies of the Post.
Barking and Dagenham Mayor, Cllr Milton McKenzie, could not resist reading our latest front page devoted to the regeneration of the Rainham Road South factory, Sanofi, set to become a multi-million pound business park.
You may also want to watch:
Alastair Banks, of Envirosend, said: “It was a lot of fun and most importantly we’ve walked away with lots of great opportunities. We’re based in another part of the country and before we even got back today one person had phoned our office chasing us.”
A spokeswoman from Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce described the event as a success.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets