Volunteer scheme launched at Barking academy
- Credit: Archant
A new volunteering scheme preparing young people for the world of work has launched in Barking.
Business leaders met at Barking and Technical Skills Academy, in Short Blue Place, on Thursday to kick-start the Career Ready programme.
Part of Barking and Dagenham College, the academy has partnered with the Career Ready organisation to offer opportunities for employer volunteers to prepare young people for jobs through mentoring, masterclasses, internships and workplace visits.
Hilary Moore, head of the Technical Skills Academy, said, “It’s easy to forget how unfamiliar the working world is for young adults.
“The Career Ready programme provides an opportunity for employers to share their experiences and skills.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the scheme contact Dilon Beqa on email@example.com or call 07876 226 773.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer