Volunteer scheme launched at Barking academy
- Credit: Archant
A new volunteering scheme preparing young people for the world of work has launched in Barking.
Business leaders met at Barking and Technical Skills Academy, in Short Blue Place, on Thursday to kick-start the Career Ready programme.
Part of Barking and Dagenham College, the academy has partnered with the Career Ready organisation to offer opportunities for employer volunteers to prepare young people for jobs through mentoring, masterclasses, internships and workplace visits.
Hilary Moore, head of the Technical Skills Academy, said, “It’s easy to forget how unfamiliar the working world is for young adults.
“The Career Ready programme provides an opportunity for employers to share their experiences and skills.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the scheme contact Dilon Beqa on email@example.com or call 07876 226 773.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL