Volunteer scheme launched at Barking academy
- Credit: Archant
A new volunteering scheme preparing young people for the world of work has launched in Barking.
Business leaders met at Barking and Technical Skills Academy, in Short Blue Place, on Thursday to kick-start the Career Ready programme.
Part of Barking and Dagenham College, the academy has partnered with the Career Ready organisation to offer opportunities for employer volunteers to prepare young people for jobs through mentoring, masterclasses, internships and workplace visits.
Hilary Moore, head of the Technical Skills Academy, said, “It’s easy to forget how unfamiliar the working world is for young adults.
“The Career Ready programme provides an opportunity for employers to share their experiences and skills.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the scheme contact Dilon Beqa on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07876 226 773.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest