Volunteer scheme launched at Barking academy
- Credit: Archant
A new volunteering scheme preparing young people for the world of work has launched in Barking.
Business leaders met at Barking and Technical Skills Academy, in Short Blue Place, on Thursday to kick-start the Career Ready programme.
Part of Barking and Dagenham College, the academy has partnered with the Career Ready organisation to offer opportunities for employer volunteers to prepare young people for jobs through mentoring, masterclasses, internships and workplace visits.
Hilary Moore, head of the Technical Skills Academy, said, “It’s easy to forget how unfamiliar the working world is for young adults.
“The Career Ready programme provides an opportunity for employers to share their experiences and skills.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the scheme contact Dilon Beqa on email@example.com or call 07876 226 773.
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 3 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 6 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week