Young Dagenham entrepreneur fulfills dream to set up own business
- Credit: Archant
An enterprising young student has achieved his childhood dream of setting up his own company.
Steve Upton, 18, from Dagenham, founded gaming and technology business Shy Zone after taking the Business Start-up and Entrepreneurial Skills Level 2 at Barking and Dagenham College.
The young entrepreneur said he already has a number of games in the making, which he hopes to reveal to a wider audience soon.
He said:“I’ve always been interested in technology and Shy Zone came from the fact that I was always thinking of ways to improve how it is used.
“It’s that which has inspired my games and technology ideas, and I can’t wait to launch them onto the market.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as growing his business Steven is planning to start a level 3 BTEC subsidiary diploma in business with the college, adding his goal was to take Shy Zone global.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking