Young Dagenham entrepreneur fulfills dream to set up own business
- Credit: Archant
An enterprising young student has achieved his childhood dream of setting up his own company.
Steve Upton, 18, from Dagenham, founded gaming and technology business Shy Zone after taking the Business Start-up and Entrepreneurial Skills Level 2 at Barking and Dagenham College.
The young entrepreneur said he already has a number of games in the making, which he hopes to reveal to a wider audience soon.
He said:“I’ve always been interested in technology and Shy Zone came from the fact that I was always thinking of ways to improve how it is used.
“It’s that which has inspired my games and technology ideas, and I can’t wait to launch them onto the market.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as growing his business Steven is planning to start a level 3 BTEC subsidiary diploma in business with the college, adding his goal was to take Shy Zone global.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham