Young Dagenham entrepreneur fulfills dream to set up own business
- Credit: Archant
An enterprising young student has achieved his childhood dream of setting up his own company.
Steve Upton, 18, from Dagenham, founded gaming and technology business Shy Zone after taking the Business Start-up and Entrepreneurial Skills Level 2 at Barking and Dagenham College.
The young entrepreneur said he already has a number of games in the making, which he hopes to reveal to a wider audience soon.
He said:“I’ve always been interested in technology and Shy Zone came from the fact that I was always thinking of ways to improve how it is used.
“It’s that which has inspired my games and technology ideas, and I can’t wait to launch them onto the market.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as growing his business Steven is planning to start a level 3 BTEC subsidiary diploma in business with the college, adding his goal was to take Shy Zone global.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket