Youngsters flock to Barking careers day
- Credit: Archant
More than 150 young people gained a valuable insight into possible career pathways at an inaugural careers event.
Former careers adviser Ros Alexander, 54, launched Barking-based UKON Careers in September 2013, and hosted her company’s first event on Monday at the Ripple Centre.
Featuring a motivational speaker, a poet and representatives from the likes of Barking and Dagenham College, UCAS and the Met, youngsters and their parents caught a glimpse of the options open to them.
“It was such an awesome day,” said Ros, who was joined by Mayor of Barking and Dagenham Cllr Elizabeth Kangethe and a host of young local graduates.
“It was the young people making it happen, sharing their skills and experience with others.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s amazing that we can do something like this in Barking and Dagenham, and next year it will be even bigger and better.”
For more information visit ukoncareers.com
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote