Youngsters flock to Barking careers day
- Credit: Archant
More than 150 young people gained a valuable insight into possible career pathways at an inaugural careers event.
Former careers adviser Ros Alexander, 54, launched Barking-based UKON Careers in September 2013, and hosted her company’s first event on Monday at the Ripple Centre.
Featuring a motivational speaker, a poet and representatives from the likes of Barking and Dagenham College, UCAS and the Met, youngsters and their parents caught a glimpse of the options open to them.
“It was such an awesome day,” said Ros, who was joined by Mayor of Barking and Dagenham Cllr Elizabeth Kangethe and a host of young local graduates.
“It was the young people making it happen, sharing their skills and experience with others.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s amazing that we can do something like this in Barking and Dagenham, and next year it will be even bigger and better.”
For more information visit ukoncareers.com
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'