Cab driver's sex spree ends in prison
ONE OF Britain s most prolific sex attackers was jailed for an indeterminate period last week in order to protect the public. Rapist taxi driver, John Worboys, must serve a minimum of eight years in prison after he was found guilty of preying on women in
ONE OF Britain's most prolific sex attackers was jailed for an indeterminate period last week in order to protect the public.
Rapist taxi driver, John Worboys, must serve a minimum of eight years in prison after he was found guilty of preying on women in the back of his cab.
He is linked to at least 85 attacks in London and Bournemouth dating back to 2002 and police fear there may be more victims yet to come forward.
Worboys, 51, of Sovereign Crescent, Rotherhithe, was dubbed the 'Black Cab Rapist' after he drugged and assaulted a string of women.
You may also want to watch:
One brave victim who spoke out about her ordeal was single mum, Sarah Craigie, from Dagenham.
She told the POST in March how she escaped Worboys' clutches after he drugged her in the back of his taxi.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
FOR FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK'S POST