Cambell School rises from the ashes
CLASSES and school dinners could be back on at Cambell Infants as early as next week. Building work has started at the school in Langley Crescent which was ripped apart by a massive fire just six weeks ago. Construction is well underway with metal framewo
CLASSES and school dinners could be back on at Cambell Infants as early as next week.
Building work has started at the school in Langley Crescent which was ripped apart by a massive fire just six weeks ago.
Construction is well underway with metal framework and scaffolding surrounding the school.
Council bosses hope to have four classes back inside the originally fire-damaged building by the end of this week with school dinners starting next week.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils, teachers and parents were devastated last month when parts of the building were reduced to ashes in an inferno.
Eight fire engines were sent to the scene on Thursday February 5 after a caretaker raised the alarm.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
A council spokesman said: "All children are now back in school. The nursery is operating out of a temporary classroom.
"Four classes of Reception pupils are still displaced across the site, utilising the former nursery and the dining accommodation.
"The contractor is hopeful that by the end of next week they will have four rooms back in the original building and we will be able to reintroduce meals at the school the following week.