Cambell School rises from the ashes
CLASSES and school dinners could be back on at Cambell Infants as early as next week. Building work has started at the school in Langley Crescent which was ripped apart by a massive fire just six weeks ago. Construction is well underway with metal framewo
CLASSES and school dinners could be back on at Cambell Infants as early as next week.
Building work has started at the school in Langley Crescent which was ripped apart by a massive fire just six weeks ago.
Construction is well underway with metal framework and scaffolding surrounding the school.
Council bosses hope to have four classes back inside the originally fire-damaged building by the end of this week with school dinners starting next week.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils, teachers and parents were devastated last month when parts of the building were reduced to ashes in an inferno.
Eight fire engines were sent to the scene on Thursday February 5 after a caretaker raised the alarm.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 4 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 5 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 9 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 10 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
A council spokesman said: "All children are now back in school. The nursery is operating out of a temporary classroom.
"Four classes of Reception pupils are still displaced across the site, utilising the former nursery and the dining accommodation.
"The contractor is hopeful that by the end of next week they will have four rooms back in the original building and we will be able to reintroduce meals at the school the following week.