Can you drive Santa through the streets of Dagenham this Christmas?
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children could miss out on a visit from Father Christmas this year if a much-needed volunteer is not found.
Reede Road Tenants and Residents Association (TRA) is looking for a person who has a car with a tow-bar that can pull Santa’s sleigh (which has wheels) in Reede Road and surrounding streets.
The volunteer would be asked to drive the vehicle between 4pm and 9pm on December 14 and 15, stopping off at numerous homes along the way so around 400 children in the area can receive a present from the big man in red.
Pam Barratt, deputy chair of the TRA, said: “We’ve been doing this for around ten years and the children absolutely love it.
“But we don’t have a car with a tow-bar this year and it won’t work without one. I just hope there’s someone out there who can help.”
Each year the TRA raises funds to make sure every child receives a small gift.
If you can help call TRA chair Chrissie Hicks on 07811766282.
- 1 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 2 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 3 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Dagenham boss McMahon 'delighted' with victory over Grimsby
- 8 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Dagenham get back to winning ways at home to Grimsby