CRANBROOK PARK put out their big guns on Monday for their latest Redbridge Afternoon League clash and it worked a treat as they thrashed Woodford. Park were looking to bounce back from their heavy Ilford & District League defeat at Clayhall on Saturday an
CRANBROOK PARK put out their big guns on Monday for their latest Redbridge Afternoon League clash and it worked a treat as they thrashed Woodford.
Park were looking to bounce back from their heavy Ilford & District League defeat at Clayhall on Saturday and it was Woodford who took the brunt of their anger, as club captain David Michaels and vice-captain Tony Dearsley were included in the Park team.
At Cranbrook it was Henry Dobrin who was in fine form, skipping his team of Monty Taylor, Tony Herbert and Dearsley to an excellent 26-20 victory, but over at Woodford, the victory was more emphatic.
Gerry Weiland, Michaels, Bernard Chaplin and skipper Joe Swinburne simply swept aside their hosts to thrash them 33-11 and give Cranbrook victory by 53-37 overall.
You may also want to watch:
Wanstead were the Park victims last Thursday as Cranbrook beat them on all three rinks in their Afternoon Triples clash.
Alan Shone simply shined as his rink of Jaz Singh and Jeff Blatt eased to a 20-7 victory, while Joe Swinburne continued his fine run by helping his triple of John Knubley and Gerry Weiland to a 23-13 victory, before Les Kingsley, Gerry Luton and Keith Powell rounded it off with a 21-16 win.
- 1 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 2 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 8 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
- 9 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed