Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- Credit: Vikki Jackson
A teenage pedestrian is in hospital after a crash involving a car in Dagenham.
The girl was injured near the junction of Wood Lane and Charlecote Road shortly after 2pm.
A London Ambulance Service (LAS) spokesperson said: "We were called at 2.11pm today (July 29) to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian on Charlecote Road, Dagenham.
"We sent an ambulance crew, who treated a teenager at the scene and took them to a hospital."
Wood Lane was closed with buses diverted while emergency services were on the scene, but has now reopened.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesperson said: "Police and LAS attended the scene and a female, believed to be 15, was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
"The driver of the car stopped at the scene.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
"No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
"A road closure was put into place which has since been lifted."