Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- Credit: Vikki Jackson
A teenage pedestrian is in hospital after a crash involving a car in Dagenham.
The girl was injured near the junction of Wood Lane and Charlecote Road shortly after 2pm.
A London Ambulance Service (LAS) spokesperson said: "We were called at 2.11pm today (July 29) to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian on Charlecote Road, Dagenham.
"We sent an ambulance crew, who treated a teenager at the scene and took them to a hospital."
Wood Lane was closed with buses diverted while emergency services were on the scene, but has now reopened.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "Police and LAS attended the scene and a female, believed to be 15, was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
"The driver of the car stopped at the scene.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 3 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 4 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 5 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 9 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
"No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
"A road closure was put into place which has since been lifted."