Crash in Barking leaves four men injured as driver reportedly flees scene
- Credit: Archant
Police are on the lookout for a driver who allegedly fled the scene of a car crash which left three men critically injured.
Officers were called at approximately 00.10am on Friday, 6 March to reports of two cars in collision on the Northern Relief Road, Barking.
London Ambulance Service and two fire engines from Barking Fire Station alongside a fire rescue unit from East Ham Fire Station attended the scene.
Three males remain in a critical condition; two occupants of one car, an Audi A3, and the driver of the other, a Vauxhall Zafira. All three were taken to an east London hospital for treatment.
A fourth male, a passenger in the Vauxhall, was also taken to hospital as a precaution; his condition is not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses report that the male driver of the Audi fled the scene prior to police arrival. Enquiries into the circumstances, including to trace the driver of the Audi, continue.
As of 08.45am no arrests have been made, with road closures remaining in place.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
More to follow.