Cardiff prove too strong for Daggers
Daggers are out of the Carling Cup after losing 3-1 at Cardiff City
Cardiff 3 Daggers 1
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE put in a brave display, but were eventually beaten by Championship leaders Cardiff City on Tuesday night.
Gavin Rae put the Bluebirds 1-0 up with a strike after 19 minutes, after being set up by Peter Whittingham, before Jay Bothroyd added the second from the spot when he had been fouled by Will Antwi.
Daggers substitute Josh Scott pulled a goal back on 80 minutes to give John Still's side a real chance of forcing extra-time, but Whittingham snuffed out their hopes with a third late on.
You may also want to watch:
Daggers: Tony Roberts, Scott Doe (Abu Ogogo 90), Scott Griffiths, Mark Arber, Will Antwi, Danny Green (Graeme Montgomery 72), Stuart Thurgood, Peter Gain, Paul Benson, Wes Thomas (Josh Scott 55).
Subs not used: Chris Lewington, Alex Bentley, Harlee Dean, Billy Bingham.
- 1 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 2 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed