Cardiff prove too strong for Daggers
Daggers are out of the Carling Cup after losing 3-1 at Cardiff City
Cardiff 3 Daggers 1
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE put in a brave display, but were eventually beaten by Championship leaders Cardiff City on Tuesday night.
Gavin Rae put the Bluebirds 1-0 up with a strike after 19 minutes, after being set up by Peter Whittingham, before Jay Bothroyd added the second from the spot when he had been fouled by Will Antwi.
Daggers substitute Josh Scott pulled a goal back on 80 minutes to give John Still's side a real chance of forcing extra-time, but Whittingham snuffed out their hopes with a third late on.
You may also want to watch:
Daggers: Tony Roberts, Scott Doe (Abu Ogogo 90), Scott Griffiths, Mark Arber, Will Antwi, Danny Green (Graeme Montgomery 72), Stuart Thurgood, Peter Gain, Paul Benson, Wes Thomas (Josh Scott 55).
Subs not used: Chris Lewington, Alex Bentley, Harlee Dean, Billy Bingham.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London