Cardiff prove too strong for Daggers
Daggers are out of the Carling Cup after losing 3-1 at Cardiff City
Cardiff 3 Daggers 1
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE put in a brave display, but were eventually beaten by Championship leaders Cardiff City on Tuesday night.
Gavin Rae put the Bluebirds 1-0 up with a strike after 19 minutes, after being set up by Peter Whittingham, before Jay Bothroyd added the second from the spot when he had been fouled by Will Antwi.
Daggers substitute Josh Scott pulled a goal back on 80 minutes to give John Still's side a real chance of forcing extra-time, but Whittingham snuffed out their hopes with a third late on.
Daggers: Tony Roberts, Scott Doe (Abu Ogogo 90), Scott Griffiths, Mark Arber, Will Antwi, Danny Green (Graeme Montgomery 72), Stuart Thurgood, Peter Gain, Paul Benson, Wes Thomas (Josh Scott 55).
Subs not used: Chris Lewington, Alex Bentley, Harlee Dean, Billy Bingham.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 4 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge relishing first friendly says Rance
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 10 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing