Carr delighted by youngsters
West Ham 5 Colchester United 0 ACADEMY DIRECTOR Tony Carr returned from leading a coaching course in the United States, to find that his current crop of youngsters back home are progressing very nicely. An under-18 team made up mainly of under-17s were s
West Ham 5 Colchester United 0
ACADEMY DIRECTOR Tony Carr returned from leading a coaching course in the United States, to find that his current crop of youngsters back home are progressing very nicely.
An under-18 team made up mainly of under-17s were simply too hot for a Colchester United side, who were comprehensively beaten.
Nick Barrett, Dan-iel Subuola, Daniel Purdy, Jack Wendly and Simone Bezzicheri all found the target to see off the U's challenge, and they could have scored considerably more.
"We played very well," confirmed Carr. "You can only play as well as the opposition allow, and we dominated this game from start to finish.
"I was very happy with the result and we could have added a couple more goals at the end."
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 5 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 6 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 9 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
The under-18s travel to Reading tonight (Wednesday) before their final domestic pre-season friendly at Little Heath on Saturday against Ipswich Town.
Carr will then take his squad to the Netherlands for an international tournament, before the season begins in earnest on August 22 with a trip to Everton in the FA Premier Academy League.