Carr earns testimonial
WEST HAM Academy supremo Tony Carr has been awarded a testimonial after an incredible 36 years at Upton Park. Details of a special match to be played in his honour have not been finalised yet, but chief executive Scott Duxbury was full of praise for the m
WEST HAM Academy supremo Tony Carr has been awarded a testimonial after an incredible 36 years at Upton Park.
Details of a special match to be played in his honour have not been finalised yet, but chief executive Scott Duxbury was full of praise for the man who has discovered countless stars for the Hammers over the years.
"Tony Carr fully deserves to have a testimonial and I am sure all our fans would agree that this is long overdue," he said.
"He is an institution at West Ham and rightly holds a special place in the club's history."
You may also want to watch:
The Bow-born, 58-year-old coach, said: "I have spent nearly all my working life at West Ham and I am very pleased that they have rewarded me for my service.
"I have many targets still to achieve here, but this testimonial will be a welcome distraction during the coming year.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment