Carr earns testimonial
WEST HAM Academy supremo Tony Carr has been awarded a testimonial after an incredible 36 years at Upton Park. Details of a special match to be played in his honour have not been finalised yet, but chief executive Scott Duxbury was full of praise for the m
WEST HAM Academy supremo Tony Carr has been awarded a testimonial after an incredible 36 years at Upton Park.
Details of a special match to be played in his honour have not been finalised yet, but chief executive Scott Duxbury was full of praise for the man who has discovered countless stars for the Hammers over the years.
"Tony Carr fully deserves to have a testimonial and I am sure all our fans would agree that this is long overdue," he said.
"He is an institution at West Ham and rightly holds a special place in the club's history."
You may also want to watch:
The Bow-born, 58-year-old coach, said: "I have spent nearly all my working life at West Ham and I am very pleased that they have rewarded me for my service.
"I have many targets still to achieve here, but this testimonial will be a welcome distraction during the coming year.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash