FOUR friends are driving through the desert on the way to the beach, but things are not what they seem – they re not on holiday, they re trying to outrun the end of the world. No one is safe from the viral pandemic threatening to wipe out the human race.
FOUR friends are driving through the desert on the way to the beach, but things are not what they seem - they're not on holiday, they're trying to outrun the end of the world.
No one is safe from the viral pandemic threatening to wipe out the human race.
Determined to elude the deadly virus, Danny, his brother Brian, his girlfriend Bobby and Danny's school friend Kate are hoping to reach a place of safety.
Encouraged by a childhood memory, Danny has convinced the group that a secluded surfer beach in the Gulf of Mexico is their best bet. Once there, they can live peacefully and wait out the end of the virus to emerge into a new day as survivors of this apocalyptic disease.
You may also want to watch:
The rules of their new world order are simple - take obscure roads and avoid contact with other humans at any cost.
Yet their carefree attitudes start to wither the longer they travel, their childhood innocence slowly eroding amidst the remains of empty highways and towns, as they face battles with equally self-protective survivors or the infected reaching out in a hopeless bid for help.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
Chris Pine and Piper Perabo star in horror, CARRIERS (15).
Film maker brothers Alex and David Pastor say they were inspired by stories about bird flu. Alex says: "It was something really, really scary, but we didn't want to just make a movie about a bird flu.