Case 39 (15)
DEVOTED social worker Emily Jenkins has seen it all – lies, neglect, abuse – domestic horrors of every type. That is, until she takes on the case of 10-year-old Lillith Sullivan, whose eerie, secretive family leaves Emily shaken and disturbed. When Lill
DEVOTED social worker Emily Jenkins has seen it all - lies, neglect, abuse - domestic horrors of every type.
That is, until she takes on the case of 10-year-old Lillith Sullivan, whose eerie, secretive family leaves Emily shaken and disturbed.
When Lillith's parents attempt to harm their only child in a late-night ritual, Emily intervenes.
Heartbroken by Lillith's loneliness and innocence, Emily decides to do something she has never allowed herself to do in the past - get personally involved.
You may also want to watch:
Hoping to do the right thing for the withdrawn girl, Emily offers Lillith a caring, happy home until she can find an adoptive family.
That's when the real terror begins.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
What pushed Lillith's family to breaking point? Why does everyone who comes into contact with Lillith seem to suddenly become mad? And how will Emily survive the devastating secret fears that have come to the fore?
To discover the truth, Emily must leave behind her rational beliefs and confront her most terrifying nightmares as she enters a supernatural realm where evil preys on humanity.
Now, the one thing Emily has to fear is the power of fear itself.
Renee Zellweger stars in horror CASE 39 (15).