Casey clinches it!
CASEY O RIORDAN played his part in the Newham BC win-treble success at the ABA junior pre-quarter-final contests held at Hayes on Sunday. He had to work hard for his win over Ben Kaluza from the Oxford Boxing Academy, but clinched the points success to b
CASEY O'RIORDAN played his part in the Newham BC win-treble success at the ABA junior pre-quarter-final contests held at Hayes on Sunday.
He had to work hard for his win over Ben Kaluza from the Oxford Boxing Academy, but clinched the points success to book his quarter-final place in the class four 60kg division.
Two other boxers from the Newham club also continued their winning ways on the national title trail.
In the class four 57kg division, George Moughton (Newham) maintained his improved form with a good display against Tommy Smith (Bushey) to make sure of a unanimous verdict from the ringside judges.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Newham's 66kg class four entry John Coyle also piled up the points, with effective attacks against Ermal Mustafa (Sandy) to record a unanimous points win.
Newham's winning trio and the club's walkover winners on Sunday now move forward to the quarter-final contests at Seawick Holiday Camp, near Clacton, on May 10.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
NEWHAM boxer Kane Hoare made it a winning debut in club colours and was awarded the Best Boxer Trophy at the East Ham WMC on Friday night.
Hoare came through a testing bout with Ray Lee (Lansbury), with a bright performance to take the points verdict.
Also winning for Newham on the night, Luke Keller proved too good for Five Star BC rival Keith Box to take the points' verdict.
n Alex Stevens (Peacock BC) made it three straight wins in club colours when he outscored Matt Chalk (Rayleigh) on the East Ham BC show at the East Ham WMC last week.
The 18-year-old prospect showed sharp-hitting form against a more experienced rival to chalk up his latest success.
Also winning for the local club, Frank Shayhan defeated Neil Davitan (Fulham (Brunswick) with another good display and Daniel Low outscored Mark Emmanuel (County BC).