Cauliflower's new monthly has Wow factor
REMEMBER those heady days of the 90s when The Island, High Road, Ilford, played host to bands like Squeeze, and had a regular club night called Revolution? When The Island closed down, Revolution moved to The Pigeons, Romford Road, Stratford. Now the man
REMEMBER those heady days of the '90s when The Island, High Road, Ilford, played host to bands like Squeeze, and had a regular club night called Revolution?
When The Island closed down, Revolution moved to The Pigeons, Romford Road, Stratford.
Now the man behind it, Ringo Joynson, is starting a new club night upstairs at The Cauliflower pub, High Road, Ilford on the first Saturday of the month.
Wow kicks off this weekend with DJ Sean playing the tracks and Romford four-piece Polanski performing live.
Ringo, who lives in Ilford, says: "The idea is to provide a cheap and cheerful night where you can hear the kind of really good music you don't get at many club nights now - indie, mod, ska, soul, funk, reggae, rock, punk and Brit pop.
"It'll be �4 admission, less for students and the unemployed."
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 3 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 4 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 9 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 10 Kittens dumped in Barking 'like rubbish' in 35C heatwave
So get your dancing shoes on and experience the Wow factor. 9pm-2am.