Cauliflower's new monthly has Wow factor
REMEMBER those heady days of the 90s when The Island, High Road, Ilford, played host to bands like Squeeze, and had a regular club night called Revolution? When The Island closed down, Revolution moved to The Pigeons, Romford Road, Stratford. Now the man
REMEMBER those heady days of the '90s when The Island, High Road, Ilford, played host to bands like Squeeze, and had a regular club night called Revolution?
When The Island closed down, Revolution moved to The Pigeons, Romford Road, Stratford.
Now the man behind it, Ringo Joynson, is starting a new club night upstairs at The Cauliflower pub, High Road, Ilford on the first Saturday of the month.
Wow kicks off this weekend with DJ Sean playing the tracks and Romford four-piece Polanski performing live.
You may also want to watch:
Ringo, who lives in Ilford, says: "The idea is to provide a cheap and cheerful night where you can hear the kind of really good music you don't get at many club nights now - indie, mod, ska, soul, funk, reggae, rock, punk and Brit pop.
"It'll be �4 admission, less for students and the unemployed."
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
So get your dancing shoes on and experience the Wow factor. 9pm-2am.