Chadwell Heath rapper Rychus Ryter nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A Chadwell Heath rapper has said he feels “privileged” to be up for an award celebrating the biggest achievers from his home country of Congo.
Rychus Ryter, 24, whose real name is Jonathan Kabamba, has been nominated for the “best video” category at the Congolese Achievement awards this Friday in east London.
Former Warren School pupil Rychus’ video Finally Found You features best friend and ex-Tottenham Hotspur footballer John Bostock and his wife.
At the awards, Rychus will perform the track but added his main focus is on winning the gong.
“It will be great for my career if I win,” he said. “It will be an achievement.”
“There was a time before this album The Crossover came out when I thought about giving it up but in the end I got motivated to keep going because then I would have let down the people who had supported me.”
Rychus said he has since learnt the impact his music has had on people’s lives.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 8 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 9 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
“People have said my music has changed the direction of their life,” he said.
Rychus added he is currently in contact with several schools about giving class talks.