Chairman steps down
CHAIRMAN of the Development Control Board, Cllr John Denyer, announced to the Assembly that he will step down from his position. He thanked the council s planning team for all the help and support they have given him over the years. Cllr Denyer formally
CHAIRMAN of the Development Control Board, Cllr John Denyer, announced to the Assembly that he will step down from his position.
He thanked the council's planning team for all the help and support they have given him over the years.
Cllr Denyer formally told the executive he would stand down as Chairman of the committee last week and the decision was announced on Wednesday July 22.
Labour councillors selected Cllr Milton McKenzie to replace him.
You may also want to watch:
The Assembly also heard last week that Cllr Lawrence Rustem, of the opposition party, would stand down from the development board.
Leader of the opposition, Cllr Bob Bailey, did not have a candidate to replace him and it was suggested by Cllr Val Rush that Cllr Denyer take up the empty slot.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
Cllr Bailey did not object to this idea.