Hospital colleagues give cheer to Barking couple after wedding day postponed
- Credit: BHRUT
Hospital colleagues cheered up a Barking couple on what should have been their wedding day - postponed due to the coronavirus crisis.
Leigh Kaniklides and John Tear had been set to get married at Langtons in Hornchurch on Friday, June 19 but instead had to go about their day jobs at Queens Hospital.
Leigh, a discharge planner, said: “When I got into work the girls on the ward had got me a veil to wear and made a big fuss of me. John’s team had also got me some flowers and arranged to have lunch delivered for us.”
The couple enjoyed kebab and chips, before having a ‘wedding’ picture taken.
They got together three years ago, having both worked for the Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust for more than a decade.
You may also want to watch:
Leigh added: “It ended up being a really nice day and it was so lovely that our colleagues did this for us.”
Their actual wedding is now planned for next September.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend