Child’s play for Dan
Essex Sunday Corinthian Newham United 4 Athletico Bardag 0 NEWHAM UNITED hitman Danny Child struck four times as his team cruised to a comfortable victory against Athletico Bardag. After an open first 20 minutes Child latched on to a Leon Lewis pass
Newham United 4
Athletico Bardag 0
NEWHAM UNITED hitman Danny Child struck four times as his team cruised to a comfortable victory against Athletico Bardag.
After an open first 20 minutes Child latched on to a Leon Lewis pass to put the hosts into a 1-0 lead.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
He then doubled the home side's lead minutes later following a long ball from David Nott.
It was more of the same in the second half as Child completed his hat-trick after 70 minutes with a well-taken goal.
He rounded off the win with his 23rd goal of the season late on.
Newham United: Polley, Millar, J Clarke, Sparowhawk, Grimes, McGuinness, Nott, O Clarke, Kerr, Lewis, Child.
Subs: McGrath, Koroma, Hoddy.
Newham United reserves 1 Clockwork 8
CLOCKWORK put the sword to Newham United reserves at the weekend with five players getting their names on the scoresheet.
Craig Butler, Mark Weatherup and James Gardner each scored a brace, while David Mitchell and Barry West also netted for the visitors.
Bari FC 4
Afro Caribbean 1
BARI FC beat Hackney Downs Afro Caribbean 4-1 to advance to the semi-finals of the London FA Sunday Cup.
The visitors took the lead after 15 minutes, but the hosts responded immediately and Eljay Worrell headed home the equaliser.
The home side then took the lead on the 30-minute mark when Mohammed Kidia scored from a tight angle.
Ikram Adam made it three with a tidy finish after a slick passing move and Troy Hewitt put gloss on the result with a 25-yard screamer.
Zuber Makodia was named as man of the match.