Christine is the captain
Newham & Essex Beagles Olympic 400m champion Christine Ohuruogu has been named captain of the London North team for next month s Super 8 competition in Cardiff. The action-packed, two-hour contest on Wednesday, June 10, is modelled on Twenty2
Newham & Essex Beagles' Olympic 400m champion Christine Ohuruogu has been named captain of the London North team for next month's Super 8 competition in Cardiff.
The action-packed, two-hour contest on Wednesday, June 10, is modelled on Twenty20 cricket.
"I think it is a brilliant concept," Ohuruogu told the BBC.
"I am a Stratford girl and being able to represent your nearest town or city is a really exciting idea."
You may also want to watch:
With something happening every few minutes, there are five track events, five field events and medley relays over varying distances.
And the meeting will act as the final selection event for the GB team for the European Team Championships.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 8 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds