Christine is the captain
Newham & Essex Beagles Olympic 400m champion Christine Ohuruogu has been named captain of the London North team for next month s Super 8 competition in Cardiff. The action-packed, two-hour contest on Wednesday, June 10, is modelled on Twenty2
Newham & Essex Beagles' Olympic 400m champion Christine Ohuruogu has been named captain of the London North team for next month's Super 8 competition in Cardiff.
The action-packed, two-hour contest on Wednesday, June 10, is modelled on Twenty20 cricket.
"I think it is a brilliant concept," Ohuruogu told the BBC.
"I am a Stratford girl and being able to represent your nearest town or city is a really exciting idea."
You may also want to watch:
With something happening every few minutes, there are five track events, five field events and medley relays over varying distances.
And the meeting will act as the final selection event for the GB team for the European Team Championships.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 Dagenham showed 'mental strength' in FA Cup win over Wealdstone