Church answer to O’s prayers
Stockport County 0 Leyton Orient 1 LEYTON Orient took another strike towards League One survival with their third win on the trot at Stockport County, writes TREVOR DAVIES. Simon Church, on loan from Reading, bagged the all-important goal early in the sec
Stockport County 0 Leyton Orient 1
LEYTON Orient took another strike towards League One survival with their third win on the trot at Stockport County, writes TREVOR DAVIES.
Simon Church, on loan from Reading, bagged the all-important goal early in the second half just minutes after wasting a golden opportunity to put the O's ahead.
The victory moved Orient seven points clear of the drop zone and with six of their last nine games at home, new boss Geraint Williams, looks set to achieve his objective and keep the O's up.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a fantastic result and all the players and staff deserve a great deal of credit," he smiled after the game.
It was Orient's second successive away win in four days following a 3-1 success at Carlisle and it could have been even more comfortable if Jason Demetriou's effort had not been harshly ruled out.
- 1 Hainault woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 8 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
The O's look to take another stride away from danger when they play Walsall on Saturday.
See this week's RECORDER for a full report.