Church answer to O’s prayers
Stockport County 0 Leyton Orient 1 LEYTON Orient took another strike towards League One survival with their third win on the trot at Stockport County, writes TREVOR DAVIES. Simon Church, on loan from Reading, bagged the all-important goal early in the sec
Stockport County 0 Leyton Orient 1
LEYTON Orient took another strike towards League One survival with their third win on the trot at Stockport County, writes TREVOR DAVIES.
Simon Church, on loan from Reading, bagged the all-important goal early in the second half just minutes after wasting a golden opportunity to put the O's ahead.
The victory moved Orient seven points clear of the drop zone and with six of their last nine games at home, new boss Geraint Williams, looks set to achieve his objective and keep the O's up.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a fantastic result and all the players and staff deserve a great deal of credit," he smiled after the game.
It was Orient's second successive away win in four days following a 3-1 success at Carlisle and it could have been even more comfortable if Jason Demetriou's effort had not been harshly ruled out.
- 1 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham suffer first defeat away to Wrexham
The O's look to take another stride away from danger when they play Walsall on Saturday.
See this week's RECORDER for a full report.