City Pavilion gets green light
IT WAS decision time for a new luxury function room at the City Pavilion leisure complex as the development control board met last week. City Pavilion – formerly City Limits in Collier Row has recently undergone a major �2.5million refurbishment and the o
IT WAS decision time for a new luxury function room at the City Pavilion leisure complex as the development control board met last week.
City Pavilion - formerly City Limits in Collier Row has recently undergone a major �2.5million refurbishment and the owners were seeking for planning permission to use the venue for major events.
At first council officers had wanted to put a two year condition on the premises after which the effect of extra traffic on the greenbelt area would be reviewed.
However the board decided the conditions were not necessary and have given the green light to the venue which the owners hope will be a landmark.
At the previous meeting in early January there was an argument over the number of car parking spaces at the venue.
Council officers said there were 400 and the owner's claimed 700.
- 1 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Boris Johnson will resign as Tory leader today
- 5 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 8 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 9 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
Because planning approval hinged on the amount of space provided for visitors it was decided to postpone the board's decision until the discrepancy was investigated.
After a recount it was declared there were around 500 spaces and the planning application was approved.