City Pavilion gets green light
IT WAS decision time for a new luxury function room at the City Pavilion leisure complex as the development control board met last week. City Pavilion – formerly City Limits in Collier Row has recently undergone a major �2.5million refurbishment and the o
IT WAS decision time for a new luxury function room at the City Pavilion leisure complex as the development control board met last week.
City Pavilion - formerly City Limits in Collier Row has recently undergone a major �2.5million refurbishment and the owners were seeking for planning permission to use the venue for major events.
At first council officers had wanted to put a two year condition on the premises after which the effect of extra traffic on the greenbelt area would be reviewed.
However the board decided the conditions were not necessary and have given the green light to the venue which the owners hope will be a landmark.
You may also want to watch:
At the previous meeting in early January there was an argument over the number of car parking spaces at the venue.
Council officers said there were 400 and the owner's claimed 700.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 8 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
Because planning approval hinged on the amount of space provided for visitors it was decided to postpone the board's decision until the discrepancy was investigated.
After a recount it was declared there were around 500 spaces and the planning application was approved.