Clare shines as she sets record
Ilford AC Juniors took part in the last round of the UKYAL staged at their home ground, where under-17 star Clare Rodway claimed a club record in the 300m hurdles, clocking 53.7 seconds. She also impressed in the shot, with a throw of 5.36m. Gloria Alabi
Ilford AC Juniors took part in the last round of the UKYAL staged at their home ground, where under-17 star Clare Rodway claimed a club record in the 300m hurdles, clocking 53.7 seconds.
She also impressed in the shot, with a throw of 5.36m. Gloria Alabi recorded a sprint double, clocking 28.3 and 14.5, while she also threw 14.56m in the discus.
Other good performances came from Gerogia Laudat (long jump 3.13m, discus 11.67m and 100m 13.7), Laibah Malik (long jump 3.26m, and javelin 9.98m), Melodie Ihuoma (800m 3.00.0, javelin 25.46m and shot 7.99m) and Corina Bryce-Arnold (200m 29.9), while the team took first place in the 4x100m relay in 55.1.
Under-15 athletes impressing were Tamara Chambers (200m 27.9, 100m 14.2 and shot 6.15), Mika Marston (200m 30.3 and shot 7.44) and Bethany Hall (1,500m 5.39.9).
You may also want to watch:
Under-13 girls athletes in action included Trinity St Lewis (150m 23.4, long jump 3.43m and 75m 11.6) and Tyra George (long jump 3.43m and the 75m 12.4).
Under-13 boys' results included Harry Kyriacou (200m 29.9, shot 8.48m and 75m hurdles 16.4), Shanjay Sivakumaran (75m hurdles 16.4, long jump 3.50m and 1,500m 5.41.2), Raeis Mer (high jump 1.15m, 800m 2.35.2 and 100m 15.0) and Isaac Akisanya (shot 5.39). All four ran the 4x100m in a time of 61.8sec.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 5 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list
Under-15 boys' results included George Hadler (200m 26.6, 100m 13.1 and 80m hurdles 13.3), Ciaran Rodway (discus 10.81m, long jump 3.96 and 400m 69.0), Thomas King (1,500m 5.39.2, javelin 12.42m and shot 4.94m), Taschan Peart (discus 11.21m, 400m 80.2 and 1,500m 6.01.5), Jordan Akisanya (long jump 4.64m and 100m 14.1) and Christman Ihuoma (high jump 1.35m and 80m hurdles 14.6). They finished with a 4x100m relay in 56.0.
Omar Rashid was the only Ilford athlete in the under-17 men's event and clocked 2.35.6 in the 800m, 28.4 in the 200m and 3.87m for the long jump.