Class of 1967 is a magic memory
WE go back more than 40 years for this week s Days of the Old School Yard, which comes from the former Plaistow Grammar School. The school, in Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, became Cumberland Comprehensive when Newham s grammar schools became comprehensive
WE go back more than 40 years for this week's Days of the Old School Yard, which comes from the former Plaistow Grammar School.
The school, in Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, became Cumberland Comprehensive when Newham's grammar schools became comprehensive way back in 1972.
Those who were left from this lot when they left in the summer of that year were the last to leave as grammar school pupils.
They started at the school in 1965, so this was their third year at the school, which is now Newham Sixth Form college.
You may also want to watch:
Their form teacher in the picture taken in one of the school's two "quads" - quadrangles - was Mr Fred Cooper.
The anonymous sender to school yard lists all but two of those in the picture.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory
Can you help provide the missing two names?
Class 3A - 1967-68 - The teacher is Mr Cooper: John Rusz, John Gwyther, Len Filtness, John Allen, Phil Date, Les Bevan, Mike Rawlins, Paul Corby, Steve Griffiths, Colin Grainger, Lee Rowden, ? ?, Roger Liddiard, Tom Butler, Steve Hurford, Sue Porter, Lynne Beare, Sue Keegan, ? ?, Paul Jennings, John Lawrence, Micky Hunt, Linda Campbell, Kay Dexter, Vera Chatten, Jackie Smith, teacher Fred Cooper, Fay Downs, Lynn Lambert, Lesley Heron, Barbara Graves.