Class of 1953
WE go back 56 years for today s Days of the Old School Yard…thanks to Mrs Maureen Richfield, and her outlook of life back in the East End all those many years ago. Maureen now lives out of London, in Billericay in Essex, but this takes us back to her scho
WE go back 56 years for today's Days of the Old School Yard...thanks to Mrs Maureen Richfield, and her outlook of life back in the East End all those many years ago.
Maureen now lives out of London, in Billericay in Essex, but this takes us back to her school days and her old classmates.
Maureen recalls: "I was a pupil at Hallsville School in Custom House, E16, back then, and they were completely different days. Things have certainly a lot since those times in the 1950s.
"In the photograph, I am pictured standing on the top left hand side, and my maiden name then was Maureen Batt.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a black and white picture, and you can see the way we all looked way back then, the girls in their cardigans and patterned dresses and the boys in short trousers and pullovers.
"I hope this will jog a few memories of the Old School Yard days for ex-Hallsville people, which continue to bring back happy memories to us all.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking