Class of 1953
WE go back 56 years for today s Days of the Old School Yard…thanks to Mrs Maureen Richfield, and her outlook of life back in the East End all those many years ago. Maureen now lives out of London, in Billericay in Essex, but this takes us back to her scho
WE go back 56 years for today's Days of the Old School Yard...thanks to Mrs Maureen Richfield, and her outlook of life back in the East End all those many years ago.
Maureen now lives out of London, in Billericay in Essex, but this takes us back to her school days and her old classmates.
Maureen recalls: "I was a pupil at Hallsville School in Custom House, E16, back then, and they were completely different days. Things have certainly a lot since those times in the 1950s.
"In the photograph, I am pictured standing on the top left hand side, and my maiden name then was Maureen Batt.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a black and white picture, and you can see the way we all looked way back then, the girls in their cardigans and patterned dresses and the boys in short trousers and pullovers.
"I hope this will jog a few memories of the Old School Yard days for ex-Hallsville people, which continue to bring back happy memories to us all.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Pictures: We Are FSTVL over the years
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London