Classic Florian makes history
FLORIAN Neuschwander and Charlotte Peppiatt were the big winners at the first Newham Classic 10k race in Stratford last weekend. The race, which is the brainchild of Olympic gold medallist, Tessa Sanderson, was part of a Newham multi-cultural Fun Day in S
FLORIAN Neuschwander and Charlotte Peppiatt were the big winners at the first Newham Classic 10k race in Stratford last weekend.
The race, which is the brainchild of Olympic gold medallist, Tessa Sanderson, was part of a Newham multi-cultural Fun Day in Stratford.
Neuschwande came home in 30 minutes and 14 seconds, with Hussain Jama (32.21) and Malcolm Muir (33.20) making up the top three.
In the women's race, behind Peppiatt (39.33) were Grazka Kazmierska (42.10) and Sarah Allen (43.00).
You may also want to watch:
Paul Dobson (34.56) was victorious in the veterans over-40 race, while in the over-50s event Dave Cox (35.24) won.
The women's veterans over-35 race saw Livia Taylor (43.36) came out on top, while in the over-45s category Lynn Tanner won in 43.35.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
George Guthrie (39.55) won the boys' 15-18 race, while in the girls' category Adedoja Atanda (46.41) was victorious.
A delighted Sanderson said: "What made the day more enjoyable for me was having such a rich mix of participants ranging from 15-to-75-year-olds.
"Everyone here today has made history as they have competed in the first race on Olympic soil.