Classy Bajner double clips Eagles’ wings
Crystal Palace 1 West Ham United 4 HUNGARIAN under-19 international Balint Bajner was the star of the show as the Hammers Academy team swept aside Crystal Palace with a sparkling performance on Saturday. Daniel Kearns had given West Ham a fifth minute lea
Crystal Palace 1 West Ham United 4
HUNGARIAN under-19 international Balint Bajner was the star of the show as the Hammers Academy team swept aside Crystal Palace with a sparkling performance on Saturday.
Daniel Kearns had given West Ham a fifth minute lead when he cut in from the right and chipped the keeper, but after Palace had levelled on the half hour, Bajner stepped into the limelight.
Full back Matthew Fry stormed down the left and delivered a cross which the Hungarian nodded in at the back post.
You may also want to watch:
Then in the second half, Bajner was quickly on to a pass into the area, before he drilled a shot into the corner to put the game beyond Palace.
Oliver Lee finished off the impressive victory, when he stormed forward from midfield before planting a shot into the corner.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 10 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
Academy coach, Tony Carr, was delighted: "It was a good performance and we played very well," he said. "We had a young team out again, but we fully deserved to win. I thought we were in charge for most of the game."
Those youngsters included 16-year-old centre back Sergio Sanchez, who has arrived from Barcelona, while under-16s Callum Driver and George Moncur were also included.
West Ham: Loveday, Driver, Fry (Smith 55), McNaughton, Sanchez, Grasser, Kearns, Lee (Edgar 80), Bajner (Moncur 70), Montano, Okus.