Classy Charlie is the big star
WEST HAMMER Charlie Driscoll showed his class as he clinched a good points win over Tommy McDonagh of Dale Youth, on the Hammers successful show at the East Ham Working Mens Club on Friday. Driscoll worked well, cutting down his taller opponent to take t
WEST HAMMER Charlie Driscoll showed his class as he clinched a good points win over Tommy McDonagh of Dale Youth, on the Hammers successful show at the East Ham Working Mens' Club on Friday.
Driscoll worked well, cutting down his taller opponent to take the points verdict and at the end of the tournament was selected for the best home boxer award.
Billy Hodder won with a third round stoppage against Jordon Meason of Chadwell.
The home club boxer worked well behind his jab attacking his opponent from the start and stepped up the pressure to force the stoppage in the last round.
You may also want to watch:
Also winning in West Ham colours, Patrick Reilly was good value for a points victory against George Powell of Danson, in a well fought contest.
One of the keenest fought contest on the Hammers show saw Jimmy Shepherd drop a majority points verdict to determined rival Ismail Haqq of Lansbury in a good competitive bout.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 6 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 7 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
Also going down to a points defeat, Jack Lewis lost to Cameron Hadley of Chelmsford .
Jay Pjertri lost on points to Toby Gordon of Southend in a hard fought senior contest.