Classy Charlie is the big star
WEST HAMMER Charlie Driscoll showed his class as he clinched a good points win over Tommy McDonagh of Dale Youth, on the Hammers successful show at the East Ham Working Mens Club on Friday. Driscoll worked well, cutting down his taller opponent to take t
WEST HAMMER Charlie Driscoll showed his class as he clinched a good points win over Tommy McDonagh of Dale Youth, on the Hammers successful show at the East Ham Working Mens' Club on Friday.
Driscoll worked well, cutting down his taller opponent to take the points verdict and at the end of the tournament was selected for the best home boxer award.
Billy Hodder won with a third round stoppage against Jordon Meason of Chadwell.
The home club boxer worked well behind his jab attacking his opponent from the start and stepped up the pressure to force the stoppage in the last round.
You may also want to watch:
Also winning in West Ham colours, Patrick Reilly was good value for a points victory against George Powell of Danson, in a well fought contest.
One of the keenest fought contest on the Hammers show saw Jimmy Shepherd drop a majority points verdict to determined rival Ismail Haqq of Lansbury in a good competitive bout.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
Also going down to a points defeat, Jack Lewis lost to Cameron Hadley of Chelmsford .
Jay Pjertri lost on points to Toby Gordon of Southend in a hard fought senior contest.