Cleared of raping nightclub girl
A LITHUANIAN man was last week cleared of throttling and raping a nightclub reveller. Aurimas Pocevicius, 22, from Thornhill Gardens, Barking, was accused of stalking the 25-year-old outside an east London nightspot before forcing himself on her at an E
A LITHUANIAN man was last week cleared of throttling and raping a nightclub reveller.
Aurimas Pocevicius, 22, from Thornhill Gardens, Barking, was accused of stalking the 25-year-old outside an east London nightspot before forcing himself on her at an East Ham flat.
But a jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court took just under five hours to acquit the eastern European.
Pocevicius told jurors the woman, who cannot be named, consented and they enjoyed 'normal sex' in the early hours of February 9 last year.
You may also want to watch:
"She agreed," he said via a Lithuanian interpreter. "It was just normal sex.
"A person can feel what the other person wants."
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
Pocevicius denied carrying out a sex act on an intimate area which caused the woman injuries.
He said: "No I didn't do that," adding he merely fondled her buttocks while they made love.
Prosecutors claimed the woman went to the La Luna nightclub in Stepney before waking at 4am to find Pocevicius throttling her and screaming insults.
Pocevicius was said to have punched his victim in the face before tearing off her knickers.
But the jury cleared Pocevicius of rape, assault by penetration and assault by beating.