Club thug left vicitm facing op
A KOSOVAN thug who shattered a nightclub reveller s jaw in a cold and vicious revenge attack for being sprayed with champagne was jailed last week. Yiber Pjetri, 28, from Dagenham, battered George Martin into unconsciousness outside Time and Envy in Ro
A KOSOVAN thug who shattered a nightclub reveller's jaw in a "cold and vicious" revenge attack for being sprayed with champagne was jailed last week.
Yiber Pjetri, 28, from Dagenham, battered George Martin into unconsciousness outside Time and Envy in Romford, before delivering a final blow as his victim laid "motionless on the ground".
The judge, Mr Recorder Ali Malek QC sentenced Pjetri to four years behind bars, but the eastern European's brother Jetnor, 21, who joined the assault, was spared jail.
Mr Martin, who is in his mid-20s, suffered "appalling" injuries, requiring his mouth to be wired shut and a metal plate implanted in his face.
You may also want to watch:
"What clearly happened was a cold and vicious attack on someone who was in no position to defend himself," said the judge.
"It is quite clear that the blows in question were delivered by Yiber Pjetri and that Jetnor Pjetri's liability is only as part of the joint enterprise.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
"It is the blow by Yiber Pjetri at the very end to a person who was motionless on the ground," he added.
"His bending over and delivering a blow makes the difference."
The judge sentenced business student Jetnor Pjetri to six months but suspended the jail term for a year.
He also ordered the lout to carry out 80 hours unpaid work and obey a 12-month supervision order.
The brothers targeted Mr Martin and his friend Ross Anderson after a scuffle inside the South Street venue in which the Kosovans were soaked in bubbly won in a competition by their victims.
All four men were thrown out by bouncers on May 24, 2007, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
Mr Ross, also in his 20s, sustained a bloody nose and two black eyes in the attack outside.
The Pjetris, who were captured on CCTV, were both later arrested at their Dagenham home.
Yiber Pjetri, of Ingrave House, Goresbrook, Dagenham, was convicted of grievous bodily harm with intent.
Jetnor Pjetri, of the same address, was convicted of causing grievous bodily harm.