Colchester tie for Orient in Carling Cup
O S have drawn boss Geraint Williams former club Colchester United away in the first round of the Carling Cup and the Welshman couldn t help but laugh after the Recorder broke the news to him. The 47-year-old was at Colchester for a decade in various cap
O'S have drawn boss Geraint Williams' former club Colchester United away in the first round of the Carling Cup and the Welshman couldn't help but laugh after the Recorder broke the news to him.
The 47-year-old was at Colchester for a decade in various capacities including manager, and he was not surprised by Tues-day's draw.
"That is just typical of football," he mu-sed.
"I had 10 years there and I really enjoyed my time there, so it will be nice to go back."
You may also want to watch:
Williams was however quick to leave old feelings aside and look forward to picking up the win.
"We knew we would be playing a seeded team beforehand, so we knew it would be tough," he said.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 5 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list
"We will be going there to win the game and, for sure, we will not be taking anything for granted."
The tie will take place at the Weston Homes Community Stadium in the week beginning August 10.
The O's record in the competition of late has been far from spectacular and last year they were hammered 4-1 by Ipswich Town at Portman Road, although the year before, Orient put in an excellent performance to knock out QPR 2-1 at Loftus Road.