Colchester tie for Orient in Carling Cup
O S have drawn boss Geraint Williams former club Colchester United away in the first round of the Carling Cup and the Welshman couldn t help but laugh after the Recorder broke the news to him. The 47-year-old was at Colchester for a decade in various cap
O'S have drawn boss Geraint Williams' former club Colchester United away in the first round of the Carling Cup and the Welshman couldn't help but laugh after the Recorder broke the news to him.
The 47-year-old was at Colchester for a decade in various capacities including manager, and he was not surprised by Tues-day's draw.
"That is just typical of football," he mu-sed.
"I had 10 years there and I really enjoyed my time there, so it will be nice to go back."
You may also want to watch:
Williams was however quick to leave old feelings aside and look forward to picking up the win.
"We knew we would be playing a seeded team beforehand, so we knew it would be tough," he said.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
"We will be going there to win the game and, for sure, we will not be taking anything for granted."
The tie will take place at the Weston Homes Community Stadium in the week beginning August 10.
The O's record in the competition of late has been far from spectacular and last year they were hammered 4-1 by Ipswich Town at Portman Road, although the year before, Orient put in an excellent performance to knock out QPR 2-1 at Loftus Road.