Colchester tie for Orient in Carling Cup
O S have drawn boss Geraint Williams former club Colchester United away in the first round of the Carling Cup and the Welshman couldn t help but laugh after the Recorder broke the news to him. The 47-year-old was at Colchester for a decade in various cap
O'S have drawn boss Geraint Williams' former club Colchester United away in the first round of the Carling Cup and the Welshman couldn't help but laugh after the Recorder broke the news to him.
The 47-year-old was at Colchester for a decade in various capacities including manager, and he was not surprised by Tues-day's draw.
"That is just typical of football," he mu-sed.
"I had 10 years there and I really enjoyed my time there, so it will be nice to go back."
Williams was however quick to leave old feelings aside and look forward to picking up the win.
"We knew we would be playing a seeded team beforehand, so we knew it would be tough," he said.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 3 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 4 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 5 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 10 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London
"We will be going there to win the game and, for sure, we will not be taking anything for granted."
The tie will take place at the Weston Homes Community Stadium in the week beginning August 10.
The O's record in the competition of late has been far from spectacular and last year they were hammered 4-1 by Ipswich Town at Portman Road, although the year before, Orient put in an excellent performance to knock out QPR 2-1 at Loftus Road.