Cole so vital to the Hammers’ success
WEST HAM striker Carlton Cole made it nine goals for the season on Saturday, but still feels there is lots more to come from him. The 26-year-old England marksman finished coolly to make it 2-0 against Hull City, but he was still not happy. I m getting g
WEST HAM striker Carlton Cole made it nine goals for the season on Saturday, but still feels there is lots more to come from him.
The 26-year-old England marksman finished coolly to make it 2-0 against Hull City, but he was still not happy.
"I'm getting games following my injury, but I don't think I played that well by my own standards," admitted Cole.
"I got my goal though and in some ways it covered up my performance."
You may also want to watch:
Cole may not think he played well against the Tigers, but the Hull defenders will probably beg to differ after he gave them a torrid time for most of the afternoon.
Manager Gianfranco Zola certainly appreciated the return of his star striker.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
"Carlton is such an important player for us," said the boss. "He gives to the team a different dimension.
"If we had had him all season, it would have been such a big thing for us.
"You can see when he is in the team, we always pose a threat, but also he affects the team going backwards with his defending."
Cole was in generous mood after Saturday's win and was quick to praise the efforts of his team-mates, especially Julien Faubert.
"Julien has been fantastic, he's been on fire recently," said Cole. "He's set up my last two goals and he got his goal too.
"He's been through a lot recently with his Mum passing away, so I'm well pleased for him.
"Valon Behrami took his goal well and could have got a hat-trick, but everyone was up for it before the game and we followed the manager's instructions.