Barking and Dagenham art students document coronavirus lockdown experiences with set of ‘fantastic’ images
- Credit: Archant
A series of pictures have been produced by youngsters illustrating their experiences of the coronavirus.
Students from Barking and Dagenham College used some of their time during lockdown to produce the artworks as part of a Covid Visual Diaries project.
Art and design tutor Hayley Young said: “I wanted to encourage my students to develop their visual observation and mark making skills so I decided to set them a task to draw the objects that they could see in their lockdown space.
“I hoped that this would encourage them to use this strange situation in a positive way and build on their skills.”
The results have been a series of images celebrating ordinary objects with pictures ranging from face masks, games consoles and flowers to butterflies, board games and gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley added: “It’s been a great way for the students to creatively document what they’ve been going through.”
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced