Barking and Dagenham College student sets up own vehicle repair shop
- Credit: Barking and Dagenham College
A Barking and Dagenham College student is driving forward with his career by starting his own vehicle maintenance and repair business.
Harsharan Singh, 18, is studying to become a fully qualified light vehicle technician and has been interested in cars since he was young.
“I grew up around cars, my uncles have always been into cars and that sparked my interest in them,” he said.
After he left school, Mr Singh worked in a garage but decided last year to do further study.
He also set up HSMS, which stands for H Singh’s Motor Service, a business specialising in German vehicles including BMW, VW and Mercedes.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Singh currently works from his home in Chadwell Heath but has big plans and aims to “really progress” his business.
“I want to be able to move into my own premises, grow my clientele and size so we’re competing against the larger garages,” he said.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets