Collins out for a month
WEST HAM defender James Collins is out for a month after tearing his hamstring early in the match at Bolton Wanderers on Saturday. The Welsh international pulled up sharply after going into a challenge on the halfway line, and was stretchered off after ju
WEST HAM defender James Collins is out for a month after tearing his hamstring early in the match at Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.
The Welsh international pulled up sharply after going into a challenge on the halfway line, and was stretchered off after just 17 minutes.
And the worse fears were verified this week.
"West Ham United can confirm that James Collins is likely to be out for four weeks with a hamstring tear in his left leg," read a statement on the club's official website.
"An MRI scan confirmed the injury on Monday afternoon, which means he could miss the next three league games against Manchester City, Wigan Athletic and West Bromwich Albion."
He could also miss a potential FA Cup quarter-final clash at Everton, but his absence opens the way for James Tomkins or new signing Radoslav Kovac to breach the gap in central defence.
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
Manager Gianfranco Zola also has the option of playing captain Lucas Neill in the centre, as he did earlier in the season, and giving another chance to Jonathan Spector at right back, though the American would love to be given a chance at centre back himself.