Committed to helping the elderly stay active
I would like to hear from your readers about their experiences with Age Concern s active age clubs in Barking and Dagenham. Not for the first time, have I been contacted by one of my constituents raising concerns about the future of the clubs. I know from
I would like to hear from your readers about their experiences with Age Concern's active age clubs in Barking and Dagenham.
Not for the first time, have I been contacted by one of my constituents raising concerns about the future of the clubs.
I know from past experience that clubs like these are a lifeline for local pensioners, and an essential way to keep them active and involved later in life.
As a council, we are committed to keeping clubs like these open , but we need to make sure that pensioners are getting the service they deserve and that the clubs are meeting their needs.
That is why I have instructed council officers to look into the way these services are provided, and to make sure the council is getting good value for the money it spends.
To help us reach a decision, I ask that pensioners using these clubs let me know what their experiences have been by writing to me at the Civic Centre, Dagenham, RM10 7BN.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 3 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 4 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 5 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 6 Book examines police failings in Stephen Port investigation
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Bow man charged with three offences after Dagenham stabbing
- 10 Quickfire double sends Dagenham & Redbridge past Southend United
In the meantime, I would like to offer them my assurances that this council is fully committed to the pensioners of Barking and Dagenham, and will do as much as it can to help them get out and stay active for years to come.
Leader, Barking & Dagenham