Committed to helping the elderly stay active
I would like to hear from your readers about their experiences with Age Concern s active age clubs in Barking and Dagenham. Not for the first time, have I been contacted by one of my constituents raising concerns about the future of the clubs. I know from
I would like to hear from your readers about their experiences with Age Concern's active age clubs in Barking and Dagenham.
Not for the first time, have I been contacted by one of my constituents raising concerns about the future of the clubs.
I know from past experience that clubs like these are a lifeline for local pensioners, and an essential way to keep them active and involved later in life.
As a council, we are committed to keeping clubs like these open , but we need to make sure that pensioners are getting the service they deserve and that the clubs are meeting their needs.
You may also want to watch:
That is why I have instructed council officers to look into the way these services are provided, and to make sure the council is getting good value for the money it spends.
To help us reach a decision, I ask that pensioners using these clubs let me know what their experiences have been by writing to me at the Civic Centre, Dagenham, RM10 7BN.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
In the meantime, I would like to offer them my assurances that this council is fully committed to the pensioners of Barking and Dagenham, and will do as much as it can to help them get out and stay active for years to come.
Leader, Barking & Dagenham