Compensation for Cole injury
WEST HAM have submitted a compensation claim to the Football Association following the injury to striker Carlton Cole while playing for England. The Hammers centre forward, who has notched a career-best 11 goals this season, limped off after featuring for
WEST HAM have submitted a compensation claim to the Football Association following the injury to striker Carlton Cole while playing for England.
The Hammers centre forward, who has notched a career-best 11 goals this season, limped off after featuring for just 20 minutes in the 4-0 thrashing of Slovakia, and has since been ruled out for six weeks with a groin injury.
It is standard procedure for a club to claim compensation after such an occurrence, and the FA's insurers are likely to pay the player's wages while he is out.
That could mean around �200,000 in compensation, but that is likely to count for little if Cole's absence means that West Ham do not qualify for the Europa League next season.
You may also want to watch:
* IT IS perhaps not the biggest surprise in the world, but it seems that Real Madrid have cooled on the prospect of buying French winger Julien Faubert on a permanent basis in the summer.
The winger has hardly sparkled since his move to Spain on loan and despite two wingers being out injured at the weekend, he was still not included.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 10 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
Now he is looking for a return to Upton Park.