Compensation for Cole injury
WEST HAM have submitted a compensation claim to the Football Association following the injury to striker Carlton Cole while playing for England. The Hammers centre forward, who has notched a career-best 11 goals this season, limped off after featuring for
WEST HAM have submitted a compensation claim to the Football Association following the injury to striker Carlton Cole while playing for England.
The Hammers centre forward, who has notched a career-best 11 goals this season, limped off after featuring for just 20 minutes in the 4-0 thrashing of Slovakia, and has since been ruled out for six weeks with a groin injury.
It is standard procedure for a club to claim compensation after such an occurrence, and the FA's insurers are likely to pay the player's wages while he is out.
That could mean around �200,000 in compensation, but that is likely to count for little if Cole's absence means that West Ham do not qualify for the Europa League next season.
* IT IS perhaps not the biggest surprise in the world, but it seems that Real Madrid have cooled on the prospect of buying French winger Julien Faubert on a permanent basis in the summer.
The winger has hardly sparkled since his move to Spain on loan and despite two wingers being out injured at the weekend, he was still not included.
- 1 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
Now he is looking for a return to Upton Park.