Compensation for Cole injury
WEST HAM have submitted a compensation claim to the Football Association following the injury to striker Carlton Cole while playing for England. The Hammers centre forward, who has notched a career-best 11 goals this season, limped off after featuring for
WEST HAM have submitted a compensation claim to the Football Association following the injury to striker Carlton Cole while playing for England.
The Hammers centre forward, who has notched a career-best 11 goals this season, limped off after featuring for just 20 minutes in the 4-0 thrashing of Slovakia, and has since been ruled out for six weeks with a groin injury.
It is standard procedure for a club to claim compensation after such an occurrence, and the FA's insurers are likely to pay the player's wages while he is out.
That could mean around �200,000 in compensation, but that is likely to count for little if Cole's absence means that West Ham do not qualify for the Europa League next season.
* IT IS perhaps not the biggest surprise in the world, but it seems that Real Madrid have cooled on the prospect of buying French winger Julien Faubert on a permanent basis in the summer.
The winger has hardly sparkled since his move to Spain on loan and despite two wingers being out injured at the weekend, he was still not included.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham drug dealer who beat vulnerable man with walking stick
Now he is looking for a return to Upton Park.