Confessions of a Shopaholic (PG)
IN the glamorous world of New York City, Rebecca Bloomwood is a fun-loving girl who is really good at shopping – a little too good, perhaps. She dreams of working for her favourite fashion magazine, but can t quite get her foot in the door. Ironically, s
IN the glamorous world of New York City, Rebecca Bloomwood is a fun-loving girl who is really good at shopping - a little too good, perhaps.
She dreams of working for her favourite fashion magazine, but can't quite get her foot in the door.
Ironically, she then snags a job as an advice columnist for a financial magazine published by the same company.
As her dreams are finally coming true, she goes to ever more hilarious and extreme efforts to keep her past from ruining her future.
Isla Fisher stars in CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC (PG) along with Joan Cusack, John Goodman, John Lithgow and Kristin Scott.
Revered costume designer Patricia Field - who has designed for Sex and the City and was nominated for an Academy Award for her fashions in The Devil Wears Prada - created the colourful looks for Rebecca.
- 1 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Boris Johnson will resign as Tory leader today
- 5 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
- 8 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 9 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 10 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
To win tickets to see this film at Vue, Dagenham, see this week's Recorder newspaper.