Robinson signs new deal with Daggers
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Midfielder was out of contract in summer, but has signed new one-year deal
Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Matt Robinson has signed a new one-year deal with the Vanarama National League club.
The 24-year-old was out of contract this summer, but the Essex club have moved to keep hold of the midfielder.
Robinson first arrived at Dagenham & Redbridge in the summer of 2016 after being released from his contract at Luton Town.
The 24-year-old has since gone on to become a key cog in the Daggers midfield and last season made his 100th appearance for the Victoria Road club.
Robinson was named vice-captain at the start of last season, with the former Leicester City trainee wearing the armband on a number of occasions.
With Daggers aiming for promotion next term, Robinson's experience of winning the league with Luton in 2014 could prove crucial.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
And after signing a new one-year deal with Peter Taylor's men, the 24-year-old will hope to remain a key player for the Essex club next term.