Cook Yourself Thin
THOSE New Year resolutions to join a gym, go on a drastic diet and lose weight, have probably already gone by the board. But help is at hand in Cook Yourself Thin (�14.99, Michael Joseph). The first edition was a sensation in 2007, selling 135,000 copies
THOSE New Year resolutions to join a gym, go on a drastic diet and lose weight, have probably already gone by the board.
But help is at hand in Cook Yourself Thin (�14.99, Michael Joseph).
The first edition was a sensation in 2007, selling 135,000 copies in less than a year, making it the highest selling debut health book of the year.
This new collection of more than 120 recipes, includes tips and real-life success stories.
You may also want to watch:
There are chapters devoted to breakfasts, lunch boxes, soups, children, fish, vegetarian and desserts.
The recipes come from dieters. Members of www.cookyourselfthin.co.uk were asked to send in their best recipes and tips.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
Pamela, 34, dropped from a size 24 to a size 16 by losing 13 stone. She contributed a recipe for "guiltlessly delicious fudge brownies".
Lucy, 28, dropped from a size 12 to size 10 and contributed the five-spice children with vegetable stir-fry.
Nilu, 48, has gone from a size 16 to size 12 and provides her recipe for steam-cooked salmon with soy sauce.
To drop a dress size in six weeks, the average woman only needs to lose between one and two pounds a week. That means fine-tuning your diet, not overhauling it.
Editor Kay Halsey and her team suggest you don't have to give everything up to lose weight, you just have to cook clever. And they've tried to make sure the recipes are flexible, involve simple ingredients and are quick and easy to make.
- LINDSAY JONES