Council call centre is diabolical
I HAVE to agree with the person in Postbag last week - the standard of the council s call centre is diabolical. Whatever the problem, they can t put you through to anyone who can actually solve it, they have to take a message, which gets filed in the ne
I HAVE to agree with the person in Postbag last week - the standard of the council's call centre is diabolical.
Whatever the problem, they can't put you through to anyone who can actually solve it, they have to take a message, which gets filed in the nearest bin in my opinion.
I phoned to complain about the wheelie bin being left right in the middle of the pathway, thus blocking exit and entrance to my property.
I spoke to a 'refuse manager' who said she couldn't do anything about it, but would get a 'refuse educational officer' to call.
When I received no call I phoned back to be told that this officer would ring me within the next 10 days.
That time is too late to stop the refuse men leaving the bin in the same place next time.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
- 9 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
We used to be able to speak to someone who actually knew what they were talking about as they worked in that department, but now we have to call the call centre.
It was bad enough in the beginning but it's getting worse. Emails are instant, yet it takes up to 10 days for a reply, you cannot be put through to anyone due to the system being down, the line being engaged, or because the call centre has to email that department themselves.
The call centre is certainly not there to help us, just to keep us away from the council operatives it seems.