Council scraps parking fines
THE COUNCIL has apologised after a resident was wrongly issued with parking tickets outside his home. Anthony Taylor, of Colne House, Harts Lane, Barking, received eight penalty charge notices between November 5 and November 24, for parking in the same sp
THE COUNCIL has apologised after a resident was wrongly issued with parking tickets outside his home.
Anthony Taylor, of Colne House, Harts Lane, Barking, received eight penalty charge notices between November 5 and November 24, for parking in the same spot in the residential car park.
He said he had been parking there for two years without ever receiving a ticket.
After contacting the council's parking services last week, he was told that the notices should not have been issued, and that he could get a refund for any fees that he had paid.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Taylor had not paid the fees, but told the Post he was worried about other residents who were unaware the tickets had been issued wrongly.
A council spokesperson said: "The mistakes came about because a new enforcement officer assu-med Mr Taylor's car was parked on a highway and not on an estate road, with no marked restrictions.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
"The council is considering regularising parking controls to avoid situations such as this happening in the future. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.