Cousins is Miles better
IN A clash of Newham rivals, West Hammer Miles Cousins (pictured below) won on points against Chris Smith (Newham BC), to clinch a place in the London CYP Boys Clubs Final at York Hall on Saturday. In their close semi-final contest, Cousins landed with g
IN A clash of Newham rivals, West Hammer Miles Cousins (pictured below) won on points against Chris Smith (Newham BC), to clinch a place in the London CYP Boys Clubs' Final at York Hall on Saturday.
In their close semi-final contest, Cousins landed with good overhand punches against his taller opponent to take the points decision and earn his place in the London finals
One West Ham boxer already sure of a London title is Charlie Hoy, who won the Class C 51kgs, when he outpointed Burt Truby of Bexley in their London final.
Hoy started slowly, but quickly found his rhythm countering well against his taller opponent and making full use of the ring, to take the verdict and earn his place in the national quarter-finals.
You may also want to watch:
However, it was the end of the title-trail for Harry Rogers who lost on points to national champion Ryan Jackson of Lynn in a close Class A 52kgs contest.
Jay Carter was another West Hammer losing on points in his clash with Jack Dishart of Eltham.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
Next stop for the winners are the London CYP finals at York Hall on Saturday, while the national schools' semi-finals will also be taking place on the same day at The Edge Hill Leisure Centre, Haslemere, Surrey.