Crane lifts the top prize
STEVE CRANE was victorious in the Gazette Cup Four Miles event in Selsdon on Saturday afternoon. Crane was quicky into his stride and showed confidence as he took the lead, showing a keeness to put aside last weekend s disqualification in a 10K inter-are
STEVE CRANE was victorious in the Gazette Cup Four Miles event in Selsdon on Saturday afternoon.
Crane was quicky into his stride and showed confidence as he took the lead, showing a keeness to put aside last weekend's disqualification in a 10K inter-area match.
He was matched by Tonbridge AC teenager Liam Baldwin, with both seeing the empty road unwinding before them, until Crane's final circuit acceleration opened up a small but race winning gap, which could not be matched.
Crane broke the tape in 34 minutes and 31 seconds with Baldwin second in 34.41.
You may also want to watch:
In contention for the opening two circuits was Ilford's Steve Uttley, who fell off the pace slightly during the third circuit and completed the frame in 35.11, being well clear of the fourth placed athlete.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out