Credit due for hospital bosses
Chris Carter THIS NEWSPAPER has fought hard over the years to counter any threat to the borough s general hospital. King George has regularly been the subject of rumours, claiming a) closure, b) axing of the A&E or c) general downgrading of services. Some services wer
THIS NEWSPAPER has fought hard over the years to counter any threat to the borough's general hospital.
King George has regularly been the subject of rumours, claiming a) closure, b) axing of the A&E or c) general downgrading of services.
Some services were moved from the hospital after Queen's was built in Romford, but it has generally remained intact from its early '90s introduction to the borough.
The news on this page that the hospital is a shining example of how to give patients privacy and dignity is heartening and we are happy to report that.
Having met chief executive John Goulston, I have no doubt the motives of the top management are genuine.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 3 London among areas where drought is declared
- 4 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 8 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 9 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
Let's be honest, few would want to be in the shoes of the board and directors of the trust.
A massive budget deficit clouds everything they do and to bring about improvements to the health services for the borough deserves to be heralded.
The health service will never be perfect and the human factor will always come into play. But most people believe it is still worth fighting for and are happy to leave the Americans to their flawed and non-inclusive care system.