Credit due for hospital bosses
Chris Carter THIS NEWSPAPER has fought hard over the years to counter any threat to the borough s general hospital. King George has regularly been the subject of rumours, claiming a) closure, b) axing of the A&E or c) general downgrading of services. Some services wer
THIS NEWSPAPER has fought hard over the years to counter any threat to the borough's general hospital.
King George has regularly been the subject of rumours, claiming a) closure, b) axing of the A&E or c) general downgrading of services.
Some services were moved from the hospital after Queen's was built in Romford, but it has generally remained intact from its early '90s introduction to the borough.
You may also want to watch:
The news on this page that the hospital is a shining example of how to give patients privacy and dignity is heartening and we are happy to report that.
Having met chief executive John Goulston, I have no doubt the motives of the top management are genuine.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory
Let's be honest, few would want to be in the shoes of the board and directors of the trust.
A massive budget deficit clouds everything they do and to bring about improvements to the health services for the borough deserves to be heralded.
The health service will never be perfect and the human factor will always come into play. But most people believe it is still worth fighting for and are happy to leave the Americans to their flawed and non-inclusive care system.